Jaqueline Mary Cossentino
Dr. Jackie Cossentino, co-founder and Executive Director of NCMPS, was a visionary, light and pioneer in the public Montessori movement. With will and determination she built an organization that has impacted thousands, as she worked tirelessly and brilliantly to make strong Montessori education visible and accessible to all families. With Jackie as our inspiration, we are honored to continue the work she began and welcome others to join us in committing to the power of education that puts the developmental needs of the child at the center.
Jackie’s family has asked those wishing to make donations in her honor to contribute to NCMPS, which will continue to carry forward her life’s work.
Dr. Cossentino published numerous scholarly articles, which can be downloaded here.
- Becoming a coach: reform, identity, and the pedagogy of negation
- Ritualizing Expertise: A Non-Montessorian View of the Montessori Method
- Big Work: Goodness, Vocation, and Engagement in the Montessori Method
- Culture, Craft, & Coherence: The Unexpected Vitality of Montessori Teacher Training
- Following All the Children: Early Intervention and Montessori
- Art and Culture Study
- Lessons from the Periphery: The Role of Dispositions in Montessori Teacher Training
- Montessori and the Mainstream: A Century of Reform on the Margins